Jun 13, 2006

Banner Marsh Trip and the Good Ship Clif

Well, here's the first post. I'm going to dig into the archive of pictures I have here. These are from back in June 2006 when my buddy and I went out to Banner Marsh. Judging from the pics I have saved, I caught 5 that day and he was blanked. The length and weights of these fish are lost to history but they all look to be in the 1.5-2.5 lb range.

I don't remember well, but this was probably one of the first voyages of the good ship Clif - my two-man fiberglass bass boat. Back then we were always a little worried it would sink. I picked up the boat, trolling motor and a dead battery from a co-worker for $75. He hadn't used it for years and originally got it for free after it unloaded from it's first owner why driving down the highway in the early 90's. It was torn up pretty bad and my co-worker patched it with fiberglass, painted it camouflage and put some sweet stickers on it. The best part is that the seats are on top of milk crates. With the fiber glass patch job, camouflage paint, Skoal Bandit stickers and milk crates you have to swallow your pride to be seen on my boat.

If I did this right, you can click the thumbnails to see the full sized shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.