May 17, 2008

Wilderness Adventure

I went shore fishing today at banner marsh and saw a lot of wildlife. I saw a beaver, two swans and their cygnets (I think that's what you call a baby swan), a possum, buffalo gnats (I hate those things), a bat, plenty of geese and some goslings, a few ducks and of course a few fish.

Swans and young (this was as close as they came):


Beaver (sorry, it was dark so it's not a good picture either)


Someone turned off the crappie bite, but that's ok because the largemouth bite seams to be coming online. I caught 4 bass, one tiny 8 incher, a 1-1.5 pounder and these two specimens. Both of these weighed in at about two and a quarter pounds.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.