Feb 6, 2009

Domestic longhair dubbing?



It was pet grooming night in my household. As a new fly tier, grooming Dangle suddenly took on a new meaning. Dangle produces enough dubbing to keep a few fly shops fully stocked. Soft, fluffy and sticks together. What do you think?



On second thought, I need some time to rationalize. It is a little creepy to tie part of my cat into flies and I realize that. I'm still not sure I want to admit I had the thought. You can rest assured that no cats were harmed in producing the hair ball you see above, in fact he loved it.

This batch is going to the curb. For a far creepier story of scavenging fly material click here.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty. All's fair in love, war, politics, and fly tying. Spring is not far away and my two Maltese will be due for their summer cut.

    Now, where did I put my scissors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't guilt. It's just too strange for me and I'm not ready for it.

    I think would have no problem using hair from a pet that isn't/wasn't mine. Maybe we can trade?

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.