Feb 22, 2009

A rule interpretation is required



I seem to have lost my official fly fishing rule book. Can anyone tell me if jig and pig fishing is prohibited? I got the idea today while moving tackle to my new tackle box. A fly rod is perfectly suited for a slow presentation so why not? Why stop here, why not a Powerbait? Maybe I'll tie a couple flies for the express purpose of transferring these proven techniques to my fly fishing experience. There isn't much info out there, but it's clear I'm not the first to think of this.

On a slightly related note: I was at the store the other day and noticed a couple things. I found some red pork frogs, that's new to me. Also, it seems someone finally told Uncle Josh what a pain finding certain colors can be. They've switched out the sticker on the lid with one indicating the color. See below for the example in red next to a jar I bought last year in black. It was easy for me to look at all the jars on the shelf and ID the colors without having to pick each one up. That old technique might be why I've never seen red before.


2 comments:

  1. That's probably it because they have had red ones for a long time. Too bad they didn't think of that before now ... but at least they finally did.

    Capt Dick Loupe
    Southern Outdoorsman Guide Service
    www.bassfishingguide.com
    www.bassinthenet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon seeing red, my initial thought was the same as yours Captain.

    Refusal to accept the truth is a power drug. It makes me feel better about myself.

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.