A stormy forecast cancelled my fishing plans today. In an effort to avoid other responsibilities I tied the jig-flies I've had in mind since my last trip. Here we go, I made these up with inspiration from Ehler's J-Pig. I think all will look pretty tasty with a pork frog attached. Hopefully these will be easier than a normal jig to cast, can't wait to find out. I think the second two might work without the pig and if I manage to keep these around I'll be sure to try that out later this year.
They are all on a 2/0 Eagle Claw plane shank hook. The first uses a small set of barbell eyes and I upped the last two to medium - I ran out of small. The fur is is a short strip of rabbit zonker wrapped only three times behind the eyes and tied in front. Also I've decided to buy some more rubber legs because the only color I have is orange/black and it is really limiting my creativity.