Updated: 9 May 2009 at 2:30pm central
Yesterday while casually following the action from the comfort of a
St. Charles north is leading the pack leading into this second day of fishing and today's weather shouldn't hamper the 52 team tourney. It's covered heavily by so I'm not going get too specific about the results. My main goal is get the word out about this tournament so I'm providing some links below to people on the ground in Carlyle.
I do want to mention one thing though...with one day from a two day tourney under his belt, Derrick Hoffman of St. Charles North was asked about his success. His reply of “I caught them on hooks north of the dam,” is priceless. Carlyle lake is an Army Corp of Engineers reservoir and the dam is on the south end of the lake, he was trying to keep a tight lip but I wouldn't be surprised if the St. Charles North boat has some company where ever it goes today. Here are some pictures (that I'm shamelessly hotlinking) and links to more info. Check back often today, I'll keep updating my blog.
Links (I'll update as I find them):
- Official IHSA results page, check here Saturday evening as the tourney wraps up
- Chicago Sun-Time's Dale Bowman is in Carlyle and updating his blog regularly
- Prairie State Outdoor's Jeff Lamp is in Carlyle and updating this article regularly
- Preview of the tourney with some coverage of practise sessions
- Highland HS plays down the home lake advantage their two teams may enjoy
- Chicago Sun-Times tournament preview
- Central Illinois teams on the IHSA fishing program cover
- Pictures of the biggest fish caught on the weather shortened Friday
- Q&A on the tournament