May 29, 2009

Yaks and leeches filled a Friday night



Tomorrow, Dave and I are going to try kayak fishing. Special thanks to John who loaned us the yaks, making me promise to take him kayak fishing if it works out. John likes to fish and owns kayaks, but he's never done both - go figure! Think of this as a test drive, Dave's been wanting a kayak for some time but isn't willing to commit without some practice. I suspect as long as he doesn't get wet tomorrow, we can expect a new kayak to show in his garage.

In anticipation of tomorrows "strictly fly fishing" trip, I tied some flies, including a leech pattern I made up. I haven't gone looking to see if there is already something out there...



Don't tell Dave, but I'll be bringing my spinning rod as a backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.