Jul 24, 2009

Would you like to weigh 4150 fish?

Asian carp can be a real problem. Good thing it can also be a real fun problem to solve.

The winner of a recent central Illinois fishing tournament brought in 4150 fish. For the tourney, a total of 12,764 fish were caught from 11 boats. That is a 1160 average per boat, or 96 per hour per boat.

This tournament happened close to home, and I'm happy to live within what seems to be the premier area for asian carp sports. If you've ever seen someone shoot a flying fish on TV, it was probably in my back yard.

Here's what I'm thinking...it's time to go snagging. All I need is some braided line and a couple pounds of lead. I think I have both, who's with me?

1 comment:

  1. I'll go. But I have to buy a gold football helmet like Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider.

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.