Aug 27, 2009

Aged to perfection and cooked to order

I've always considered my college summers as the turning point in my life when I became an avid angler. Fishing the Illinois River backwaters was a great way to kill the summer and from that point on I was hooked. However, during a recent rummage session at the parents' house, I began to realize the seed was planted long ago.


As a kid I received just the right amount of tutelage and experience to make fishing enjoyable. As the childhood years passed into young adulthood, my interest in catching fish was developed perfectly.


I was not dragged outdoors for the grueling, teeth gnashing trips that have become common place in my life. I was able to fish a handful of times each year, mostly while visiting family in Missouri. My Grandpa was a farmer and held a few ponds. My Granddad was born on a farm and made sure we returned to it every year. Add a small dose of The Lake of the Ozarks every other year, and my fate was sealed.


All it took was a driver's license and some time to kill for the seed to blossom into the wonderful fishing adventures I enjoy every year.


If you enjoy this blog, thank Mom and Dad...but who should be blamed for my looks?

5 comments:

  1. Nobody said you have a face like a yaks arse and an arse like a yaks face clif!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not a yak, but definitely a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Clif. Found you on Mel's blog. I've added you to my blogroll and will be following in the future. If you get a chance, stop by and say HI.

    http://shoretroutfishing.blogspot.com/

    Mark (Shoreman)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make some good faces.
    -sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure you had no idea what was going on.

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.