Jul 20, 2010

Lunker Alert - She Just Loves My Big Ten Inch

No I'm not talking about the ten incher of which you're dirty mind is thinking.  I'm not even talking about the Aerosmith song from which I borrowed the title of this post.  I'm talking about Berkley's ten inch Powerworm.  "The ten incher" was good to me this weekend on Lake Delavan in Wisconsin.

I don't like to talk about it, but some may know I've flirted with the four pound mark for years.  Many have been close, but four pounds has been an elusive mark to make.  It feels good to skip the fours and jump right into the fives.


On a weed line in about twelve feet of water, a Red Shad colored ten inch Powerworm helped me set a new personal record.  She weighed 5.1 pounds (as Scott was so helpful to point out in the next picture) and we hooked up around 10:00pm.


I'm working on a lengthy, in depth and picture laden post about our annual drinking fishing trip, but a fish such as this deserves her own post. 


Truthfully, we fished less than usual while on this trip but we caught some quality fish.  Stay tuned for pictures of a 4.5 pounder and multiple fish in the threes - most caught on the big ten inch.

If you happened to be in Delavan Sunday night, now you know what all the hollering was about.

10 comments:

  1. Thats a great catch Clif, Nice to see you up in my neck of the woods!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the solid fish! Hmmm...fished less that usual...does that mean drank more than usual? I probably would have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go! That is a beauty bass right there. And here I thought my 7" senkos were huge. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fish. Gotta love the ten inch worm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! To bad the derby is all Minnesota this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've fished with Clif enough times to understand his private anguish with elusive 4.0. The hollerin' is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as we're borrowing from musical artists, here's one for the Bass. It's a hunka, hunka, hunka, Bass. Maybe before your time. A word play on Elvis. Boooo. OK, I'm old. Nice catch and a well deserved whoop and hollar.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  8. @blake - there are some good fishing prospects in your neck of the woods...if you can dodge the ski boats!

    @troutragous - stay tuned to hear about drinking

    @CoCaster - yea, I only recently started using the 10 incher and it's just now paid off.

    @T Brinks - thank you, I'm now a fan.

    @Wolfy - thanks, but I didn't take the pictures :)

    @BassPastor - you know, I actually thought about that. I would have two legal fish in the derby if you'd kept last years rule.

    @FWFisher - was I loud?

    @Shoreman - you're not too old, I'm familiar enough. But I thought Aerosmith was a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Clif,
    Great fish, great pictures my man, Mmmmm gives me something to aim for.
    John

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.