Sep 23, 2010

You Should Too

The cause is good and a $10 suggested donation is cheap entertainment. I've received permission from the boss and I'll be there...probably late as usual. If you have the wherewithal to make it, you should come too.  Click the following link for more info and some pictures of big trout.

Flyfishing Lessons and Demonstrations
Hooked on Fishing Park East Peoria, IL

Saturday September 25th from 8 am to 2 pm
$10 suggested donation

I've fished this place before, but LONG before it became "Hooked on Fishing." Back then, fishing wasn't great because the ponds had been neglected for years. However, judging by these videos things have changed.  I'm looking forward to meeting with like minded individuals (hopefully it's more than just Jonn and I) and hooking into some monster trout.






Just three hours from the loop in Chicago.

7 comments:

  1. I wonder if they'd be ok with me showing up for the last couple hours? I have a math class till roughly 11 (or whenever I finish the damn test) but that sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very cool. If I was closer, I'd be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be a great time. Clif, we might put you to work as an instructor. Right now we have three guys that can and will instruct on casting technique. Depending on how many newbies show up, we may need you to work with a couple of folks. Glad to see you are coming............I kinda figured you would. what about Dave?

    jonn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just heard back from Nate, I'll be there as soon as I finish my test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jonn - Having fished there recently, what sort of flies should I bring? I'll have time tonight and I'd like to fish, but I may have to spend some time on the vise in preparation.

    I was kinda hoping to avoid being an instructor and pick up some casting pointers for myself. I certainly don't consider myself an expert but I guess it's a relative term. If people are willing to learn bad habits from a guy who taught himself, so be it. :)

    Dave has some other things going on, but he might show for an hour or two.

    @Mark - I'm sure you could show up whenever you like. Good luck on the test.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you do not want to be an instructor, I totally understand. Just come and catch some trout. Should be a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind helping if you need me, we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.