Oct 30, 2010

A Fall Fishing Cap

On my way to a favorite Mackinaw River fishing spot, I spied some litter on the ground and picked it up. It was a product label listing the safe way to use a tree stand.  I looked straight up and spied this...


I had walked up and stopped directly under a stand.  I would never have noticed if I had not bent over to pick up some litter. Good thing the stand was empty; this is another reminder why I wear a "fall fishing cap" this time of year.


I know deer hunters are generally careful when they pull an arrow, but I also know that is not always the case.

9 comments:

  1. Smart tip, Clif. That's using the ol' head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on the cap. Luckily the place I prefer to fish is "no hunting allowed", but it's probably a good idea to invest in something in blaze orange anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, great tip, wearing a color that will stand out.
    Now...about that litter. I'm very surprised to hear that an "outdoors-man" would have "accidentally" left something behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great tip, wearing a color that will stand out.
    Now...about that litter. I'm very surprised to hear that an "outdoors-man" would have "accidentally" left something behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this Good call on the cap. Luckily the place I prefer to fish is "no hunting allowed", but it's probably a good idea to invest in something in blaze orange anyway.................

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.