Jan 23, 2011

Stipplated Stimulation

I recently sought some feedback on my carved plugs. I found some in the forums at WarmFly and in those forums I also found Ron Braud.

You should acquaint yourself with the work of Ron Braud. You ask why? I'll let his stipple pin speak for itself.  He's even put together an instructional document to help you create your own stippled work of art: Click here (then click regular download)

24Jan2011 Update: I've been informed the bodies of these were shaped by Charlie Brown, aka "Balsa Fly Rod Lures."  Ron did the paint work only.





If you'd like to get ahold of him, he cruises a few bass fly fishing forums under the handle "StippledPopper." WarmFly is where I found him.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty impressive work there. I going to check out the link now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bass fly fishing forums??? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mike - I only left two links to <a href="http://www.warmfly.com/smf/index.php> the warmfly forums</a>. How much more should I tell?

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.