Feb 14, 2011

Still good, but in a new kinda way

A recent post at Bass Parade jarred something loose in my memory; something I need to share before I forget again.  The old-timey videos reminded me of similar stuff, but with a local flair.

I am pleased to present Bassmaster's Superstars tourney, held in Peoria, IL from '93 until '95. Those guys were fishing the Illinois River - water I now look at every day.












Now I look at the river and wonder just how good the fishing was back then, it is a bit surreal to imagine. You see, the bass fishery is currently a shadow of the hot action they had back then. I've heard talk things are now improving, but I can not independently verify.


However, we are the center of the universe for "aerial bowfishing."  So there's the upside.

=============
Keep reading:
- You can watch the '93 video here ('94 video is strangely absent...do I smell a conspiracy?)
- Official tournament results: from '95 from '94 - from '93.  A few of those names are pretty big these days.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I have a comment! That is crazy stuff?? It looks like a whole lot of fun, but I would hope that the guy in the boat across from me has really good aim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally everything about that bottom photo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.