Aug 19, 2011

Every Time You Close Your Eyes

Four weeks ago, I quickly created and queued four Friday night posts. Each post featured some music I like, but not everyone was a fan. Somewhere along the line, a group of yahoos starting posting crap on Fridays....said yahoos shall be left nameless.

Here we are on week five. My quiver is emptied. Do I join the shenanigans or stick with the plan? Hows about a little bit of both? I'll start with music and end with the crap.


Last year Arcade Fire plopped on the populous to mixed results. Most weren't prepared to have their mind blow while watching the Grammies. It wasn't Bieber or Britney...what was that? I had already heard and adjusted to the fire and watched with amusement reactions from folks I knew and didn't. Sure they're kinda strange, but watch this with open ears and mind...close your eyes (if you must) and maybe you'll find something special.





I love how they finish in a different mode than starting, along they way your ears are tickled on so many levels.







And on a completely unrelated note, here is something to distract the haters....The Rodenator Pro





7 comments:

  1. Not sure abut that Arcade mumbo jumbo new age crap but I just bought 3 rodenators. One for home, one for work, and one for my pickup truck. Any product video with 007's music in the background is in my mind, proven effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the Rodenator Pro reminded me of the one time I actually got to play with C4. I made a bunny.

    Point is, Caddyshack wouldn't have been very funny if they had the Rodenator Pro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy for the rodent killer - watch closely at the beginning as he starts to tell you about his baby....he is trying SO hard not to smile/giggle.

    I love it.

    The music was ok too. I guess. I mean, it's no "Friday" or anything...but.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you are keeping the music and not going the whole gammit towards crap on Friday. I swear this guy is a relative...family name...and he hates large rodents...Revenge in a "humane" way. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that's three votes for crap and one vote for good music...this is depressing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd rather listen to the Beer Barrel Polka...and I hate polka.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well they covered the Clash's Guns of Brixton about 3 years ago, so I'll give them an OK. Remember the Clash? One of the most important bands of my life. Arcade Fire will never get there but they are very talented and they seem sincere, which is more than can be said for most.

    But honestly I'm pretty solid with young folks out there like Scott Miller and Justin Townes Earle and Patterson Hood and Jason Isbell (both of Drive By Truckers fame). You don't have to go far from home to find great new music these days.

    Also check out the John Prine tribute album. It's wonderful and you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.