Dec 30, 2011

Graduation Day - Clay to Feather

I was pleased to see Bass Pro stocks a full line of 16 gauge loads from eight through two, even a couple brands to choose from. The local Gander Mountain keeps just eight shot...and only one variety: Italian.

With some luck tomorrow, Granddad's bolt action will return to her upland glory days.



In case you are wondering, it is a Mossberg 190d bolt action 16 gauge. Until now I've only used it on clay, so far I'm in love. I'm curious how long it will take to remember it isn't a pump.


=================
PS. 400th post....woohoo

3 comments:

  1. I think that's the first bolt action shotgun I've ever seen, but it's a beauty. Good luck.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I haven't seen one of those in long time. Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went hunting with it Saturday and scared the hell out of one rabbit. I couldn't chamber the second shot fast enough because I was trying to pump it.

    Not much game came home with us, but we had plenty of fun on a 68 degree New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete

Clif reserves the right to delete your comment if he is so inclined, but he is a pretty liberal guy so post away and see what happens.