I took my new Panasonic HM-TA20 camera fishing the other day and you can see the results below. No fancy music or editing...just a four short clips to see how it works. Try it in HD if you like but don't adjust your volume, there is no sound until the final clip.
With one trip under my belt, here are the first impressions on the TA20:
- Picture/video quality still poor in low light but...
- ...this one comes with a LED flash to use for picture and video.
- Close-up capability is better than the first gen Playsport I had previously.
- I'm loving the little tripod that comes with it, you'll be seeing my face more.
- 3" screen is awesomely huge but...
- ...touch controls are more difficult than buttons
- I forgot to stick it in the water to see how that works.
- I'm not crazy about the idea of a permanent battery
- Grabbing stills from video will come in handy
And here is a still I pulled from the 720p video. I also cropped it down some.